As the world’s most well known online website, YouTube has successfully attracted people with its abundant video resources. Here you can not only find all movies you want but also all MTVs you like. Consequently, download those videos from YouTube becomes a strong desire for every YouTube fan.
Previously, we have introduced the way to download YouTube videos with web browsers. However, those methods can only help you get movies or MTVs in FLV format. For those who just want the songs in the MTVs, they need to convert YouTube videos to MP3 files. Therefore, this post will show you three free methods to download YouTube videos in MP3 format.
I. Ultimate YouTube Downloader
Ultimate YouTube Downloader is a powerful plug in for Chrome with which you can download YouTube videos in MP3 format. Follow those steps.
1. Download and launch Ultimate YouTube Downloader.
2. Click “Customize and control Google Chrome” button which lies next to the address bar, click “Tool” and choose “Extensions“. Make sure “Enable” is checked.
3. Open YouTube and find a MTV you want. Then you will find there is a “Download” button next to “Share” button. Then choose “MP3 Converter” in the drop-down menu.
4. After that, you will get to a new interface, click “Download” option in the face and then you will get the YouTube video in MP3 format.
However, simple and powerful as the plug in is, it fails to convert YouTube videos that are longer than 20 minutes. So if you want to get all songs from a video of Madonna’s concert, you need to figure out other ways. Also, it can only be used for Chrome.
II. Convert YouTube videos to MP3 files
A feasible way for you to download YouTube videos in MP3 format is to download and convert them to MP3 files. With this method, you can not only overcome the defects of the first method, but also do it for free.
1. Download YouTube videos with web browsers.
2. Download and launch Moyea Video4Web Converter. Then click “File” and choose “Add Video Files” in the drop-down to input a video.
3. Set the output file as MP3 file in the drop-down menu of “Profile“.
4. Then click convert button. When the conversion completes, the YouTube video is converted to a MP3 file.
III. Convert SWF files to MP3 files
Since Adobe Flash Player is required for playing YouTube videos, you can actually download those YouTube videos as SWF files. Then what you need to do is just convert those SWF files to MP3 files.
1. Download YouTube videos as SWF files with Moyea SWF to 3GP Converter.
2. Open Moyea SWF to 3GP Converter, click “Browser…” and choose “From Folder” to input a downloaded SWF file.
3. Click “Export” tab to set the output file as MP3 file in the drop-down menu of “Style“.
4. Click “Convert” tab and click “Play and Capture” to start capturing. When the video ends, click “Finish” to start the conversion.
Currently, you can get free registration code of Moyea SWF to 3GP Converter before June 24th as part of the promotion plan for Father’s Day 2012.
Those are the three free methods to get YouTube videos in MP3 format. If you have any other better ideas on this, you are welcomed to share with us in the message board below.